30/09/2009

Dolce & Gabbana Fragrances

Super Scents

TO THE strains of George Michael's Nineties classic Freedom, the supermodels announced during Fashion Week in Milan yesterday that - whilst they may not be gracing the runways as regularly as they once did - they are still the last word in glamour.

Eva Herzigova, Claudia Schiffer and Naomi Campbell turned out for their designer friends Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana on Friday evening to help launch the duo's new fragrance anthology.

Naomi Campbell said: "I'm overwhelmed, this is amazing," as the trio of supermodels were cheered by a crowd of almost 3,000 people as they arrived at the Rinascente department store - where they signed autographs and posed for pictures to promote the scents they each front.

Mario Testino, director of the scent collection's television and print campaigns, decided at the last minute to capture the models completely nude, WWD reports, and convinced the three supermodels to bare all, despite the fact it had not been specified in their contracts.

---------------------------------

The concept of creating more than one fragrance during a single campaign brings a better chance of sales, but to have 5, for men and women, and each one related to a famous model is ingenious. How many people do you think will want to smell like Claudia Schiffer? I think many.

The fragrances have been made exclusive in the UK to Selfridges, and so makes them even harder to buy, and so all that more limited edition. Although I've yet to test the scents, out of the 3 or women I'm sure there'll be one I like, and definately one of the men's that I'd buy for my boyfriend! However, am I willing to trek it all the way to London Selfridges only to find they've sold out? Or should I wait for ebay? Sorry LVMH, it might be the latter, but I don't think Dolce & Gabbana will be suing ebay over one purchase, they advertise on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment